BOLT groups meet regularly throughout the fall and spring semesters (usually over dinner or a variety of other informal events). In addition, there are a number of program events for all BOLT groups. Please have these dates in your calendar or download them from the Google calendar above!
- Aug 25 (Sat) 8:30am-5pm: Please return to Brown by this time to pick up your key from Residential Life and move into your room. Brown meal plans start on Sept. 5th for returning students and Sept. 1st for new transfer and RUE students. See below:
- If you live on-campus and need an extra day because of flight schedules due to religious observances or for long distance flights such as CA to RI or international travel, please let the summer managers know. They can submit an earlier arrival date to accommodate your travel and travel recovery needs based on our agreement with Res Life.
- Aug 26 (Sun): 12 noon-7pm: *absolutely required* Pre-Trip Prep Meeting, Location: Alumnae Hall.
- Here you will meet your Leaders and fellow BOLTers, receive requested gear, pack your packs, make sure you have everything, start working with your group, and get ready for the trip.
- Aug 27- Aug 31 (Mon-Fri): Fall Trip! Location: Meet on Monday at 6:40 am on 48 Olive St
- Aug 31 (Fri) 7-9pm: Post Trip Banquet, Location: Alumnae Hall
- Sep 1 (Sat): New Transfer and RUE student orientation & meal plan begins with breakfast.
- Sep 2 (Sun) 9:30am-1pm: Gear Cleanup & Informal Debrief, Location: Alumnae Hall — Email us over the summer if you have Meiklejohn Training. We need to factor this into our planning for BOLT group debrief activities, gear recollection and clean-up.
- TBD : Leadership Workshop I: Leadership Styles & Effective Communication
- TBD: BOLT Olympics, Pembroke Field.
- TBD: Leadership Workshop 2: Conversations on Inclusive Leadership. Smitty B (basement rooms)
- Mid to late October – Meet up with BOLT Groups and 1:1 Check-ins with leaders!
- TBD: BOLT Fall Feast Pot Luck Celebration. All BOLT, all BOLTer years and friends invited. Location: Central Congregational Church (296 Angell Street, come in side door by the office sign)
- Late November, Early December –Meet up with BOLT Groups for End of Semester Dinners and 1:1 Check-ins with leaders.